Value Your Trade
How to Trade in Your Car
Trading your current vehicle in for credit is one of the best ways to raise a big down payment for your next car, and with a larger down payment comes lower interest rates and lower monthly payments. If you’re planning on trading in your vehicle, you’ll want to do everything you can to make sure you get the best offer possible and that you’re prepared for the trade-in process. Take a moment to learn about getting the best trade-in value for your car, how to check your car trade-in value, and what to consider. Then, value your trade in using our tool above and reach out to our finance department to take the next step with Sierra Blanca Motor Co. in Ruidoso!
What Goes into Trading Your Car?
- To trade in your vehicle, you’ll first want to use our trade-in valuation tool above to get an estimate of what its market value is, given its condition, make, model year, and any accessories you’ve added to it. Once you have obtained an estimate using our tool, gather some third-party estimates as well from sites like Edmunds.com and KBB.com.
- Once, you have some estimates, you’ll want to give your car a deep clean. Remove all debris from the interior, work out stains if possible, and wash the exterior. If you can cost-effectively repair any upholstery damage, it’s probably worth it, in order to optimize the value of your vehicle.
- If you’ve been holding off on any major repairs, it’s probably cost-effective to take care of them before you trade your vehicle in. That said, don’t worry too much about topping off the oil or performing light maintenance.
- Once you’ve touched up your vehicle, schedule an appointment at Sierra Blanca Motor Co. for an official appraisal. Remember to bring your estimates. Our service manager will then inspect your vehicle to verify its condition and give you an official offer.
- From there, we can negotiate, and once we’ve reached an agreement, you choose whether you prefer to take the value in the form of a check or in credit to put towards the value of your next vehicle. If you choose to trade in your Ruidoso Downs vehicle, you’ll have more bargaining power when it comes to determining the loan agreement for your next model because you’ll have a larger down payment to work with.
Reach Out to Sierra Blanca Motor Co. to Take the Next Step
If you have further questions about getting the best trade-in value on your car or how to check your car trade-in value, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 575-315-8074. We’ll walk you through everything you need to know. In the meantime, if you’re considering a new vehicle, be sure to apply for financing and explore our inventory to help streamline the process! We look forward to helping you find a competitive offer for your trade-in vehicle, and helping you save on your next vehicle near Mescalero!